Pages

Monday 17 September 2018

Apprasial Goal

Goal

Professional Standard 1 - Connecting current professional learning and considering how this will look in the context of Te Tiriti (partnership, participation, and protection). Reflecting on teaching Reo.


Continue to work with MIT cluster and within school management and colleagues to keep up the high standards you have set for yourself.

Specific Action 
Blog reflections specifically addressing the needs of Māori learners. Evidence of Reo teaching (explicit and interwoven) Consideration of Tikanga within the class. 


What have I achieved so far? 

I have been busy this year with my MIT inquiry, class on air, mentoring and teaching full time. I am currently thinly spread across my responsibilities. These last few weeks and next term I am focusing on my Reo in the classroom. Already throughout the year I have timetabled weekly Te Reo teaching which is explicit, although at times I struggle to interweave Te Reo throughout the day - this is due to my lack of knowledge. 

My class discussed the need for posters around the room to help us with our Te Reo ( Which we put up last week). Sally has given me the book 'Maori at Home' which is an everyday guide to learning the Maori language. Each day I am aiming to incorporate a new word or phrase into the classroom. We have started playing games in Te Reo ( With the help of a fluent student in my class). We have also discussed the relationship of the the tuakana - teina ( TKI information) in our science learning with the junior classroom. 


A question to ponder: What does tikanga look like in Ruma 4?




No comments:

Post a Comment

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz