Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2018

Analysing my Science Engagement Survey

The What??

My students all completed a science engagement survey as part of our science PD for the year. 

The results 
100% of students surveyed said they are encouraged to ask questions about what we observe 
100% of students surveyed said they are encouraged to take time to observe something carefully 
Almost all students said we show ideas and patterns using diagrams/ graphs. tables. 

Almost half the students said they were unsure or weren't able to investigate their own questions. 
Half the students were unsure or weren't given opportunities to try out different ways of investigating 


So What?

I can see that my data is reflective of what is happening in my class. We often 'run' out of time to investigate our own questions and then I move on to new science learning in the next session. This has made me think I need to slow down and give students more time to investigate and try out different ways of investigating or solving problems. Perhaps revisiting or reflecting upon science learning we have already done is key. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz