Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Blooms Taxonomy

I am looking into changing my Reading lessons by incorporating more blooms taxonomy thinking and questions. Sometimes I find myself asking low-level comprehension questions. Especially with my higher year 6 students (this is my first year teaching Year 6). I looked at some example questions for the apply, analyze and evaluate level of thinking according to blooms taxonomy. 




Evaluate 
Key verbs: 
Judge,  Select, Choose,  Decide, Justify,  Debate, Verify,  Argue, Recommend, Assess, Discuss,  Rate, Prioritise,Determine

Key Questions 
   Is there a better solution to...
·       Judge the value of...
·       Can you defend your position about...?
·       Do you think ... is a good or a bad thing?
·       How would you have handled...?
·       What changes to ... would you recommend?
·       Do you believe?
·       Are you a ... person?
·       How would you feel if...?
·       How effective are...?
·       What do you think about...?


So what? 
I am going to aim to start planning for bloom taxonomy questions to prompt my students to think at a deeper level. My students follow up/ independent task are also going to incorporate the bloom taxonomy thinking to accelerate them. This ties in with our learn,  create share pedagogy, as the highest level of thinking is the creation. Below is an example of this weeks reading work incorporating blooms taxonomy thinking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz