Pages

Friday 4 August 2017

Digital Classroom goals and term focus

The first half of this year I have been focusing on shifting my classroom to an online platform. My goals were; 
To create a website where students can access all their learning
Give students opportunities to use their device to complete their work 
Use only modeling books to promote rewindable learning. 

This term my students are now using their Chromebooks for all their learning and have no problems finding learning OR using docs, slides or drawings. My new focus will be;
On using multi modes of media for my Reading and Writing group. 
To give my students opportunities to explore challenging texts. 
To start recording lessons for students to rewatch/ students who are away can watch it. (Also could benefit other teachers). 

Below is an example of my writing page and how I upload images of my modeling book to help students refer back to lessons and to check their success criteria. The last few days I have been seeing how many times students refer back to this page and the majority of students are using it. I have started allowing students to use a shared document during my writing workshops to complete a learning task. This is helping with engagement and also meaning my groups aren't all trying to write on one modeling book. It is working well! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Becs. You and your class have made amazing shifts over the last 6 months. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do with multi modal texts. Just to clarify are you now creating your modelling book as a shared document in your workshops that the students are working in? I was a bit confused by what you meant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,

      Thanks. Im doing both, the online shared document is more just for the students to practice their learning ( The 'We do' element - e.g practicing a skill together) I will still use my modelling book for an annotated model and their remember to's.

      Delete

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz