Pages

Friday 19 May 2017

Manaiakalani Digital Intensive Session three

Manaiakalani Digital Intensive Session Three

This week we looked at google mail, google calendar, google keep, google hangout and quicktime player.




The sharing of the Manaiakalani pedagogy around the termcreating’, made me wonder “am I allowing my students enough opportunities to create", and “Am I planning for creativity”?. I think this could be a focus for me over the next few weeks as I think I could be allowing for more opportunities. Ideas like giving students the opportunity to create drawings, videos, recordings .. etc. To find examples of creativity I am going to look at the creativity empowers learning link and gather some ideas. One idea I had last week after our Kootuitui staff meeting was to create stop motions so the students could create a scene demonstrating their learning and understanding of the water cycle/ or severe weather (Our focus last week). I am hoping to implement this next week or in week 5 (Time dependant).

Google keep is a great google app that will save me time in a personal and professional capacity. I am going to use google keep for my very long 'to do’ lists and for shopping lists. On a professional platform I am going to use it to take pictures of texts and putt them on a google document for students to answer questions to OR fill in blank words (Cloze activities) as this is a real need in my class but the time for me to create close activities was too long so it was put at the bottom of my to do list.


QuickTime recorder. I am hoping to use quicktime recorder this week to show the students how to use website that some of them are forgetting- Maths learning centre. It will also help new students become familiar with our class routines and activities- this would save me time and help them settle in quickly. I may also start recording lessons (rewindable learning) to help my lower learners if they need to hear the instructions or lesson again.


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your ideas here Rebecca. You have sooo many great ones! I hadn't thought about cloze activities as an outcome of Keep. Brilliant:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this was a pleasure Rebecca. The way you question yourself and develop reflection in your writing shows a truly reflective practitioner and someone who's keen to learn and grow. Let me know if you're free to hangout this week and I'll move anything to make it happen. Thanks for being a great part of the DI programme and for sharing your learning and reflection.

    James

    ReplyDelete

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz