Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Term 12018 Reflection

Term 1 

1. Using a Checklist 
This year I have adjusted my checklist process. When students have completed work they add it to a checklist- I comment on it and color the cell so students know what to do next. Green means it is ready to blog. Orange means there is a comment and feedforward, yellow means I can access it. This is making students more accountable. I found this easier than using teacher dashboard because I can see all the students and their work due this week at a glance. 

Next steps: Monitoring my select student's next term who are not getting work done. Giving them two options for the day. Do this then you can do this. Check in with them after every block. 













2. Science
The science learning this year has been fantastic. I have completed about 10 science-based lessons from Susan's bank of lessons. My students are now starting to use their science books in the sessions and their 'me' pages are becoming more developed with their ideas and thinking opposed to pictures or nothing at the start. 
Next steps- Use the question cards during EVERY lesson. Focus on 1-2 a lesson as we work our way through Students will become familiar with critical thinking and the sentence starters help them form sentences.


3. Digital Modelling Books
This term I used a digital modeling book and had documents where students worked collaboratively on. This was extremly effective- The students loved it and they used other students work to support/ help their learning and understanding. I noticed that It worked best in small groups 6-8. I also need to make sure I change the editing rights after the lesson so students can go back and deleted others work. This term I really want to try and use them more. I managed to use it once a week BUT this isn't reflective of how often I taught writing- I need to update the modeling book after every session and ensure students are using it.
Next step: teach students where it is- Constantly refer to it. Get students to look at it when they are stuck.



1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a digital modelling book for students. Sounds like Science is making a huge difference for the engagement of your students.

    ReplyDelete

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz