Pages

Monday 16 April 2018

Class On Air Term 1 Reflection

This term I have been working with Manaiakalani and Google taking part in Manaiakalani google class on air. The experience has been allowed me to reflect on my practice and notice what I am actually doing when I am teaching. I think how we think a lesson goes to how it actually goes watching it back differs. I learned that at times I miss key teaching moments as I am distracted by other students - Working in smaller groups helps minimize this as it is hard to know what 28 students are all thinking and what they are gaining from the lesson. My lessons have had a science/ technology type focus. Science is one of my weaker curriculum areas as I don't have much experience teaching it. This term we have been given P.D by Susan heeps, this has helped me immensely. Next term I am going to focus on Literacy and reading. My inquiry this year is how can I increase critical thinking in Reading- so the knowledge and skills that I develop in my inquiry can add to my class on air episodes. 

So what next term?

- Camera angles (Light reflection- blackout class windows to ensure that the quality of the footage is easy to see) 
- Sound- Use the plugin mic and my phone ( ensure the phone is facing the speaker) 
- Create: What are students going to create next term to demonstrate their understanding and learning?
- Will observe at another school. See what other year 5-6 students are doing. 
- How are we using the digital tools to enhance our learning ( Modelling book, working collaboratively on docs) 
-  Look at Bloom's taxonomy, Reading comprehensions.
- Smaller groups (Science was a whole class and was great when starting out my science journey but now I need to target specific needs). 
- Key learning and teaching focus- develop critical thinking.
- Making cross the curriculum connections. 


2 comments:

  1. HI Becs,Thank you for sharing this. What does Bloom's taxonomy involve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alida,

      I am going to be holding a Professional conversation next term around Blooms.I will send you an invite?



      Delete

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz