Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2018

MIT Half way point

As term three has started I am currently at my halfway point for my MIT Inquiry. I have spent the first half of the year researching and trialing the best ways to effectively teach literacy. After comparing my Asstle data from the start of the year to the end of term 2 there was a shift in my students progress. This shift I believe was due to; reciprocal reading practices being implemented, and the use of argumentation strategies.



Score
Consistent Gaps
A
2P
Find, select and retrieve information
Make inferences
Respond using understandings and information
Skim and Scan for information
Knowledge of Vocabulary
Identification and understanding of main ideas.
B
2P
C
3B
D
2B


The tool I am wanting to design is a website which will be a resource bank with examples of argumentation boards- to help other teachers develop the skills to use argumentation strategies. I will spend this term focusing on developing this tool, to benefit not only the teachers but the students.


No comments:

Post a Comment

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz