Pages

Friday 23 June 2017

Intensive Session 8


Todays session started by talking about empowerment. Dorothy discussed the idea that a digital device is not just a tool it should be used to empower students. It made me think about empowerment in my classroom. I thought about the choices I give by students and how I could give their more choice to empower them to drive their own learning. This connects well with my goals around inquiry learning which I am going to be focusing on over the next few weeks and into Term 3.  I want my students to be able to choose what they want to learn and how they want to present their learning. I also want to move into more of a facilitator role opposed to a directive role. I am going to be doing this by using an inquiry model to help direct myself and my students; as a result, students will be empowered through their ability to choose their learning focus. 

Empowerment is learner centered, future focused and personalized- which all tie in with Inquiry learning. 



New Google Sites. I also had a go at looking at the new Google sites. Although it had many limitations, it was user-friendly and easy to create. I made this site below in less than an hour. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, nudge, nudge...just wondering how things are going in Term 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy...

      Hhehheh check out my latest post on my goals for my digital classroom!! ;)

      Delete

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz