Pages

Thursday 1 March 2018

School Inquiry

Using STEM to increase engagement, critically thinking and problem solving.



Our school focus this year is 'communicating in Science'. During our inquiry meeting, we discussed target students we had and the data we had collected. Overall we talked about how we all need to collect more data so that our hunches are supported by accurate data. I have decided that I am going to use my MIT inquiry as my school inquiry too. Michelle talked about this being most effective and will allow for a very deep inquiry. I thought about different ways that I could increase engagment and increase critically thinking. We talked about Universal design for learning Vs Differentiated learning. 


What do I need to do now?

My knowledge of STEM needs to be unskilled.
How I can integrate STEM throughout the day?
Rich tasks- STEM- prompts problem-solving 




No comments:

Post a Comment

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz