Pages

Friday 23 March 2018

P.A.C Writing Term 1

WALT- Gather information and organize our ideas.
Remember to:
Take notes (Main ideas/ points) from a video clip AND a text.
Organise those notes into two categories.

The focus of my practice analysis conversation: Looking at my scaffolding and questioning for this group because at times I find it hard to scoffold/ prompt and when to be quiet. Am I being explict enough for the kids?


Reflection. After watching the video.

I missed opportunities for them to share their ideas with a buddy.
When they had an idea they wrote it down straight away - I should have allowed them time to listen to all the ideas in the group and then write it down.
I noticed that I bumped up students language " those ear things.." Said a child. I prompted by saying "what's the proper word for that? ..... Mandibles."
Lesson went well - I think that majority of them got it.
Mark- to easy for him but put him in their to give him a lift and support others.
Supporting the students to recognise what to notice and what was important in the video.
Think aloud was good- Emphasised ideas and drew them to the attention.


Next steps: 
When I was giving a student wait time I was staring at them and it came across rather intimidating.
Need to make sure that my modeling book is online and in ONE place for students who are late or away to be able to find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz