Pages

Thursday 24 May 2018

Kootuitui Unconference

Yesterday we had our annual Kootuitui Unconference. As a cluster, we came together and had the opportunity to attend toolkits on what we wanted to learn about. It was a great way to share the expertise we have within the cluster in a relaxed way.

Toolkit One

I attend the drone workshop. The presenter discussed using a drone to teach students how to code. He used the app tinker. It was easy to use and allowed students to control the drone from the app. Unfortunately, the drone didn't connect to the app, so we didn't get to see it take off. 



Toolkit Two
I took a tool on using the new google sites. I came ready with how to embed moving pictures onto your site but the needs of the group were different. I had three people attend with questions about using google sites. This was great as I just was able to sit and assist them and it didn't take much time.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca, I'm glad you enjoyed the unconference and were able to give as well as to receive. I agree with you that the cross-cluster sharing and discussion was really valuable too as I see so many teachers doing fantastic things in their own classrooms in their own schools but the only way to enrich all the students across Kootuitui is to spread all of this knowledge and skills through every classroom in every school.

    ReplyDelete

rebeccas@parkestate.school.nz